AmeriCorps supports a wide range of local service programs that engage Californians in intensive community service. We provide grants to public agencies and nonprofit organizations committed to using national service to address critical community needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment.
Grants provide assistance to programs to recruit, train, and supervise AmeriCorps members meeting critical community needs in the areas of education, disaster services, health, environmental stewardship, economic opportunity, and service to veterans and military families. Grant applicants design service activities for a team of members serving full- or part-time for one year.
Multi-State Applicant Consultation
Prior to submission of a grant application to the Corporation for National and Community Service, an organization proposing to operate an AmeriCorps program in two or more states is expected to consult with the State Commission of the state in which it intends to operate. Multi-state organizations proposing to operate in California must submit an online National Direct Consultation Form to CaliforniaVolunteers.
There are no funding opportunities available to apply for at this time. Please join our mailing list to receive updates when funding opportunities become available.
Technical Assistance Documents & Resources
Organizations interested in applying for an AmeriCorps grant are encouraged to visit the resources provided below:
- 2016 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- AmeriCorps Planning Grant Information Session PowerPoint
- How to Develop a Program Logic Model
- High Quality Performance Measures
- Best Practices for Demonstrating Evidence
- Building Evidence of Effectiveness
- Developing Performance Measurement Worksheets
- Preparing the Grant Budget for AmeriCorps Programs
- National Website for AmeriCorps
- AmeriCorps Regulations 45 CFR Section 2520-2550
- CaliforniaVolunteers AmeriCorps Grantmaking and Program Design Policies