CERT Program Manager
The purpose of this Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program Manager course is to prepare CERT Program Managers for the tasks required to establish and sustain an active local CERT program.
Overall Course Objectives
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Developing local CERT program goals and a related strategic plan.
- Promoting local CERT programs.
- Orienting, managing and retaining CERT members.
- Recruiting, funding, managing, and retaining CERT trainers.
- Acquiring and managing program resources.
- Delivering and managing effective training and exercises.
- Developing policies and procedures for operating a local CERT program.
- Evaluating and sustaining the program.
The target audience for this course includes the following:
- People who are designated to be or are interested in being appointed a local CERT Program Manager.
- People who are already in a CERT Program Manager position.
The prerequisites for attending the CERT T-T-T course include:
- A referral from a CERT-sponsoring agency, typically a local, regional, or State government agency.
- Completed the CERT Basic Training course or IS-317: Introduction to CERT. (IS-317 Overview)
CERT Program Manager courses are provided by at the Federal, State, and Local level. Click here for a schedule of State and FEMA approved courses: