Conference workshops are still being finalized. Here is a list of workshops that should make the final agenda. Workshop times should be finalized in time for the next CERT update email:
The conference agenda is still being finalized. Here is a rough outline of the conference agenda:
Wednesday, September 7th
Thursday, September 8th
*The LA City EOC tour will be conducted three times on this day, with 30 spots per trip.
Friday, September 9th
Saturday, September 10th
Currently the plan is to have the LA City EOC tour on Friday, September 9th. A bus will pick participants up from the hotel and drop them off back at the hotel after the tour. Total time including travel time is roughly 2 hours. The tours are scheduled so that participants will only miss one breakout session on Friday. This activity is limited to roughly 90 participants. Make sure to select this when you register for the conference to be put on the list.
Breakfast, VIP Tour of NBCUniversal, and LA City EOC Tour
Two additional events have been added to the CERT conference on Thursday, September 8th! NBCUniversal will host a breakfast on their premises the morning of September 8th and host a special VIP Tour of NBCUniversal Studios after lunch on the 8th.
We have also previously announced a tour of LA City’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC). The EOC tour is scheduled for Friday, September 9th. This tour will be roughly 2 hours in length, including travel time.
There are a limited number of spots for these three opportunities. Conference registrants will be randomly selected to receive a free ticket for these events. There are no extra costs to attend these events if selected.
Selection process – Starting Wednesday, July 20th and continuing each week through Wednesday, August 24th, the conference planning team will be randomly selecting names from the list of conference registrations.
For the Breakfast and VIP Tour of NBCUniversal, all current registrations up to 8:00 am on the day of the random selections are eligible (including discounted and Thursday-only registrations).
For the EOC tour, all current registrations up to 8:00 am on the day of the random selection that checked “Yes” for the Tour on the online registration form are eligible (including discounted and Friday-only registrations).
We want to thank NBCUniversal and the LA City Emergency Management Department for hosting these events.
Here is the list of people who have been “randomly selected” and are ok with us sharing their names:
- Breakfast at NBC
- Jerry Myers, Laguna Beach CERT (July 20 drawing)
- Maggie Lang, Marin County CERT (July 20 drawing)
- Anonymous (Santa Maria Valley CERT)
- Anonymous (San Manuel Tribal Emergency Response Team)
- Anonymous (LASD – Norwalk CERT)
- Anonymous (San Manuel Emergency Response Team)
- NBCUniversal VIP Tour
- Bonnie Ross, Wrightwood CERT (July 20 drawing)
- Steve Chiu (Cerritos CERT)
- Anonymous (Del Norte CERT)
- LA City EOC Tour
- Fred Bretsch, FEMA Region X (July 20 drawing)
- Cody Rauh, El Paso County OEM (July 20 drawing)
- Erin Fox (Apple Valley CERT)
- Andrew Cheng (Moreno Valley CERT)
- Teresa Greenhalg (San Diego Rural CERT)
- Anonymous (Newport Beach CERT)
- Anonymous (Julian Cucamaya CERT/Teen CERT)
- Anonymous (Richmond CERT)
- Anonymous Christian County Citizen Corps)
- Anonymous (LAFD CERT)
All Conference participants will receive an embroidered CERT patch. CERT Program Manager and CERT Instructor patches are also available for those that qualify.
Please advise, to receive these patches CERT program managers must email Ben Leaon at email@example.com
with a list of conference participants that should receive these patches. Only conference attendees are eligible for CERT patches.
CERT Program managers who are attending the conference will receive a Program Manager patch if they:
- Checked their role as Program Manager on their conference registration
- Are listed as the main point of contact on their CERT Program Registration on the FEMA website. If they are not listed as the main point of contact they can have the main point of contact or sponsoring organization email us to verify that they should be receiving a CERT Program Manager patch. Only one person from each program should receive this patch.
CERT Instructors who are attending the conference will receive an Instructor patch if they:
- Checked their role as Instructor on their conference registration
- Their program manager emails us to verify that they are an instructor for their program
- Have taken a state or FEMA approved CERT Train-the-Trainer course
Conference updates are emailed to registered CERT programs. If you do not receive these emails directly from your State CERT program manager or FEMA ICP officer, and would like to receive update emails regarding the CERT conference, please email Ben Leaon to be added to the conference email list at firstname.lastname@example.org.