Learn About Business Partners Program
The CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners Program (BPP) facilitates partnerships between the business community, nonprofit organizations, volunteer centers, public agencies, and other comparable organizations in order to expand the number and impact of business volunteer programs across California.
Vision of the CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners Program
The CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners program will facilitate collaboration between the business community and nonprofit organizations. The business partners, through their employee volunteer programs will assist nonprofit’s build capacity and readiness within their organizations. The collaboration between business and nonprofits will be mutually beneficial, create a culture of service, generate high quality volunteer opportunities, recognize important partnerships and achieve meaningful results in communities throughout California.
Mission of the CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners Program
The CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners Program strives to be a champion of workplace volunteering by raising the profile of volunteering in California and facilitating a culture of service by:
- Convening the business community, providing resources, tools and opportunities to increase their impact on local communities through employee volunteering
- Facilitating access for nonprofit organizations and volunteer centers to the tools and training they require to improve their capacity and increase their ability to build sustainable relationships with the business community
- Developing a statewide recognition program
- Highlighting incentives for the business community to increase support for volunteering and form high performing alliances with nonprofits, business councils and community groups
- Leveraging existing resources where they exist and developing innovative resources that align with the priorities and capabilities of the program
History of the CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners Program
The initial development of the Business Partners Program was led by a team of pro bono consultants from Deloitte LLP in collaboration with CaliforniaVolunteers staff. The program engages local, state and national thought-leaders in the service arena, as well as a diverse group of business leaders who have a strong commitment to employee volunteering.
Contact the CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners Program
Questions about the CaliforniaVolunteers Business Partners Program?